Monday 20 October 2008

Challenge 34: Personalise it


Hi everyone! Thankyou for taking part in last week's doodling challenge. This week's theme is 'Personalise it' -
make your project more personal and put a name on it.
Our designers have made some wonderful examples for you which we hope you enjoy. A big thankyou to everyone who takes part every week, all your fab work and support is what makes my time to craft challenge!





Congratulations to A Portland Granny you have won last week's prize: a Cosmo Cricket paper collection. Please email us at mytimetocraftchallenge@hotmail.co.uk and we will get your prize in the post to you.



This week's Prize, supplied by Handy Hippo
is x 10 Vouches worth 10% off at their online store. Everyone who takes part in this week's challenge by ( 10pm Monday the 27th GMT) will be entered into a prize draw and 10 lucky peoples names will be selected at random! Good luck, we will announce the winners next week.


Jo, Fifi, Lesley, Becky, Kate & Wendy


~~~~~~~~~





Card
I attached alphabet chipboard letters onto blue card which I ripped to give a snow effect, I added doodling, ribbons, and a brad with a rub-on greeting on it.
~~~~~~~







Card
I started by cutting the large 16 out of mickey mouse paper with my cricut then I matted it on holographic card. Then stuck the numbers onto some bright yellow firework paper. Mickey mouse eyelets were used down the edges. I wrote the name with stickers and finished it all of with some black gems.
~~~~~~~~





Card
I covered a card blank with patterned paper. From gold card I cut a heart shape and glued this to the base card. From pink paper I cut out a skull & crossbones, edged it with black ink and attached it with 3d foam on top of the heart. I spelled out the recipients name with alphabet stickers for a personal touch.
~~~~~~~~





Scrapbook Page
It is a page I made of my granddaughter, using a nestability die for the mats, and a quote, flowers and ric rak to embellish. I cut her name from a QK Revolution alphabet set called Lemonade (I think!).

~~~~~~~~





Card
I decided to use the challenge to make my Brother's Birthday card. His hobby is photography so I decided to use an image from the Card Toonz Professional Nuttyness CD. My little Owl photographer is decoupaged up six layers, glittered slightly and mounted onto Nestabilities mats. I used a Sizzix alphabet to personalise the card with his name.
~~~~~~~~~

17 comments:

a portland granny said...

Here it is past midnight and I'm checking to see what challenge you have for the week and I see that I am the winner from last week. That is so exciting! Thank you.

I don't think I am going to have time this week for the challenge....but I'll be back!

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ohh the DT made pretty designs :) I didn't have a hard time with my design this week :) Hope you like it.
Here is my card

hugs Ria

Macpurp said...

great challenge.
hope my link works...still getting used to doing links.

<ahref="http://macpurp.blogspot.com/2008/10/warm-cosy-craftin.html">Here's mine!</a>

Tina x

craft mad Jenny said...

Great DT work,

Click here for mine.

Anonymous said...

here is the card i have made and personalised. thanks for the challenge. hope you like it! x

http://anniesantics-annie2006.blogspot.com/2008/10/nannas-card.html

Joey said...

Hi, some fab ideas for personalising by the dt. mine is here:-

mycard

thanks for looking.x

Denise said...

Great challenge, here is my entry:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-time-to-craft-challenge-personalise.html

Jenny said...

Ich habe einen Notizblock verschönert.Danke fürs Anschauen.
Mein Werk

Heidi said...

Here is my BIA book http://craftinginasmallspace.blogspot.com/
What a great theme.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!
Here is my idea:

Emily

Hugs
Tina

nessy said...

great idea ~love your creations!1
my card can be sen on my blog
http://nessysnotes.blogspot.com/2008/10/letter-box.html
thanks for looking
vanessa xx

Wendy said...

Here's mine

gailscraftyplace said...

Fabulous cards from the DT, Just got to say I absolutely adore Wendy's Owl.A great fun card. Here's my entry for this week

shaz earl said...

Have joined in this week hope it's ok

Heres My Card

Wendi said...

Just made it for this challenge
This is a scrap page I am doing

http://oohlalacraftyblog.blogspot.com/

Jac’s Playground said...

Really enjoyed this one as havent done any digi work for a while. Great personalised items by the DT, thanks for the challenge. My attempt is here TFL

stampingmarianne said...

Hi there,

Here is the card i made with the name of my nephew on it!

Marianne