Tuesday 5 August 2008

Challenge 25: Christmas!




Hi everyone! Thankyou for taking part last week, looks like you really enjoyed the challenge. This week's theme is 'Christmas' (this is the perfect chance for you to be early and make a christmas card!). Of course you can make anything else christmasy, including ATC's, tags etc.

Our design team have come up with a few ideas for you and we hope you have a great time taking part in our challenge.



Congratulations to Val dulac you have won last weeks prize please email us and we will get it in the post for you.

This week's Prize, supplied by SirStampalot - are these 2 gorgeous rubber stamps by Printworks. Everyone who takes part in this week's challenge by (10pm Monday the 11th of August GMT) will be entered into a prize draw and one lucky person's name will be picked at random winning these 2 stamps! (they really are beautiful)



Jo, Fifi, Lesley, Becky, Kate & Wendy

~~~~~~~~~



Card
I stamped a Penny Black snowmen image and water coloured it in, and matted onto patterned and plain papers to co-ordinate. I punched a snowflake in orange, added some brads, and stamped a message to finish it off.
~~~~~~~~~






Card


For this week's card I have used backing paper from the Artylicious Seasons Greetings CD along with a stamped image of the *Poinsettia Fairy* from *Joanna Sheen. *The image has been water coloured and mounted over a cuttlebug swiss dots background piece. I have added glitter to the Fairy in places and embellished with Gold Satin Ribbon.


~~~~~~~~~





Card
For this weeks challenge I used a Linda Luckin snowman stamp stamped with black stazon on to acetate. The I used art institute white glitter to cover his body - I cut him out to stick him onto the tag.. The tag has been stamped with Linda Luckin snowflake and embossed with glittery embossing powder. The background paper was then stamped the same snowflake stamp.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
I stamped a Christmas scene and coloured it with watercolours and added some sparkly glitter. I also stamped and coloured Lulu and placed her on a chipboard frame which I placed over the Christmas scene. I then added a greeting, ribbon and gems for decoration.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
I covered the base card with two co-ordinating pieces of paper and hid the join with a piece of ribbon. I cut a rectangle of blue card, embossed it with the snowflake CB embossing folder, then sanded over the top. I stamped the message at the top in white ink. I stamped the penguin image and coloured him with Prisma pencils and added some faux snow and a bit of glitter, then cut around it in an oval shape, inked the edges in blue then mounted this on to a scalloped oval, then assembled all the pieces to the base card.
~~~~~~~~~





Card
I watercoloured my Tilda image and used various scraps of paper for my background. I stitched all around the edges of my card. I added loads of buttons, paper flowers, string and gems and a bright green ribbon.

~~~~~~~~~

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is my chirstmas card. Thanks for looking

Anonymous said...

Here is my entry.

paylin said...

Thanks for the beautiful sketch and you can see my card on my blog.

Thanks for looking n enjoy ur day
Best wishes
x

Tina said...

Wonderful works, ladies!
Here is my idea:

http://moonlightscrapsandstamps.blogspot.com/

Hugs
Tina

Denise said...

I have made one;;;;;;;;;;here it is:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-time-to-craft-its-christmas.html

Alison said...

Fab challenge, great inspiration from the DT. Here is my card

nessy said...

fab DT cards ~ great to get going on those xmas cards!!
my card can be seen on my blog
http://nessysnotes.blogspot.com/2008/08/tis-season.html
thanks for looking
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

My Christmas card is on my blog.
Thanks for looking.

Mona said...

Funny I made a Christmas Card last night. Here you`ll find my card.

Heide said...

I also made my 1st X-mas card for this year and here you can see it:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FwRjR8XHqUY/SJonzT7iG0I/AAAAAAAAAa0/o3yMbT7jX2Y/s1600-h/HM-Weihnachten.jpg

Hugs,

Heide

Tracey said...

Great cards from DT :-)

My card is here

Hugs
Tracey
x

Suzanne said...

Hi these cards are lovely. This is our first time at taking part in a challenge so I hope im doing this right. My blog is www.kraftykidfamily.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Lovely cards DT!! You can view my card at
http://dragonmagicscrapkaarten.blogspot.com/

hugs Ria

Rainbow Lady said...

Here is my Christmas lady. Many thanks also for my stamp prize received today. Thanks for looking
Love Cynthia x

http://rainbowladyscraftyblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/christmas-red-riding-hood.html

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi said...

Lovely cards
Here is my card,thanks for looking
http://oohlalacraftyblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Here is my cards, hope you like!

Charli said...

Great challenge again this week!
Here is my christmas card.
Charli
x

Jen said...

I've just finished my card for this week's challenge, you can find it on my blog.
Jen x
here

Heidi said...

Thanks for this theme, my card is at http://craftinginasmallspace.blogspot.com/

gailscraftyplace said...

What fabulous cards from the DT. Loving the Christmas theme Here's my entry this week

Wendy said...

Here's mine.

Richelle said...

Thanks for getting me started on my X-mas cards! lovely cards from everyone. Here is mine.

card

Lauren said...

Great DT cards!
Here's Mine ~
http://cardsandothercraftystuff.blogspot.com/2008/08/some-new-makes.html
Lauren xx

Adele said...

I WILL be organised this Xmas, I WILL!! LOL, thank you for the challenge, great cards.

love Dingle.x

Here is my card.

mueppi said...

Danke für den tollen Sketch!
Hier ist meine Karte
http://mueppis-bastelwelt.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-time-to-craft-challenge-25.html
Hugs Gisela

Jenny said...

Here ist my Christmas card.
http://dolphinesblog.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

Here's my card - hope it's okay to enter one without stamping! Thanks for setting a Christmas theme - I think we all need that push to get started on our Christmas cards.
http://craftworkblog.blogspot.com/
Ann xxx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

I can't quite believe it but.....I've made a Christmas card in AUGUST!!!! ^.^
Fabby DT cards as ever....

Here is mine.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to win last week challenge's prize ! What a surprise when I came back after my hollydays ! I sent my address to Kate by email.
Wonderful Christmas works !

Thanks a lot for my stamp prize !
Valdulac

orangedaisy said...

mine tis on me blog
x

Arline said...

Fab cards by the DT! I have had a go this week! My Card xx

Mel said...

I've just discovered your fab blog. My entry "Christmas Tag" is on my blog :0)

Anonymous said...

Here is my card for this week.
http://cardcrazy.wordpress.com/
thanks for looking.

Pauline C said...

Thanks for another great challenge - my card is here
Pauline x

Marcea said...

Well you managed to get me to make my first xmas card of the year. Lovely cards everyone.
here is my card
-x-

Sam said...

Enjoyed doing this challenge, it really felt like winter this weekend!!
TFL Sam x

Hiya, My name is Lynne. said...

What a great challenge. Your examples are wonderful, just hope you like mine. Thanks for looking. Hope I'm not too late.
http://lynnescraft.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-time-to-craft-christmas-card.html#links

Linzi said...

This is my first ever challenge! Hope you like it! Here it is!xx My Card

Beryl K said...

I know I am really late, but hopefully just in time. My card is here http://bikshome.blogspot.com/ I hope you like it
Beryl x

Bubbles said...

Oooo... am I still in time? If so just added a christma card on my blog!
http://bubbles72blog.blogspot.com/

Lovely work by the DT as always.

meayla said...

ooh i love xmas!!! my card is on my blog x

craft mad Jenny said...

Just in time (for tea!), I forgot it was monday already - where is the time flying to these days!?!
Click here for mine.